After a lot of hard work from MDCalc’s development team, we released Version 3.0 of MDCalc.com in January and just this past weekend we launched a few updates with Version 3.1. The new site offers a lot of great new features and customization that make using MDCalc even easier. Let’s jump into it!
You can view lists of calculators in a few different ways – Most Popular, Recents, Favorites, My Specialty, All, and Newest. You can login (or register!) to save Recents, Favorites and My Specialty. These automatically sync with the app!
Tip: Change your specialty by going to settings (top right corner of the page).
You can use search to quickly find a tool or advanced search when you aren’t exactly sure which tool to use. Advanced Search allows you to narrow down our growing list of calculators to a few that are related to your needs. Try filtering by Disease, Specialty, Chief Complaint, Organ System, and Calc Function.
Tip: Need access to tools for more than one specialty? Use Advanced Search to view all the tools in a specialty. You can then add the ones that you use most to your favorites for quick access.
Version 3.1 updates:
- Redesigned results bar.
- Try it: Go to any calculator, enter values and see the result.
- Two height formats for inputs, inch (68) and foot-inch (5’8″).
- Try it: Enter height for the Creatinine Clearance Calculator.
- Updatable contact information.
- Try it: Log in, go to settings and update your information.
- Multiple creators for a single score.
- Try it: Go to the Padua Prediction Score’s Creator Insights tab.
- Animated conditional calculators.
- Try it: Watch new inputs appear for the ACC/AHA Heart Failure Staging.
New Calculators for 2017:
- The Cardiac Anesthesia Risk Evaluation Score (CARE)
- Maximum Allowable Blood Loss (ABL) Without Transfusion
- Pediatric Appendicitis Score (PAS)
- ACC/AHA Heart Failure Staging
- Reynolds Risk Score for Heart and Stroke Risk in Women
- Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk (AUSDRISK) Assessment Tool
- Rapid Arterial oCclusion Evaluation (RACE) Scale for Stroke
- Burch-Wartofsky Point Scale (BWPS) for Thyrotoxicosis
- Simon-Broome Diagnostic Criteria for Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH)
- Dutch Criteria for Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH)
- US (MEDPED) Diagnostic Criteria for Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH)
- Framingham Heart Failure Diagnostic Score
- AIMS65 Score for Upper GI Bleeding Risk
- MAGGIC Risk Calculator for Heart Failure
- Milan Criteria for Liver Transplantation
- Metroticket Calculator Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Survival
- Modified Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (mRECIST)
- TNM Staging for Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
- Asymptomatic Myeloma Prognosis
- Risk of Paradoxical Embolism (RoPE) Score
- Bishop Score for Vaginal Delivery and Induction of Labor
- Pediatric Early Warning Score (PEWS)
- Kawasaki Disease Diagnostic Criteria
- LACE Index for Readmission
- Urinary Protein Excretion Estimation
- Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Depth and Tidal Volume Calculator
- Secondary Intracerebral Hemorrhage (sICH) Score
- Fong Clinical Risk Score for Colorectal Cancer Recurrence
- NEXUS Chest CT Decision Instrument for CT Imaging